Term 2 2017 Newsletter
DID YOU KNOW.....???
- Swimgym is the service provider for the “John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams” programme. The community swim component of that, delivered at least 7 swimming lessons to 19,054 swimmers in south Auckland last year alone. These lessons are offered for FREE thanks to the kind support of Lion Foundation, The Potter Masonic Trust and Auckland Council .
- Swimgym is a swim school recognized by Swimming New Zealand and the NZ Swim Coaches and Teachers Association as a GOLD Quality Swim School, and is an international member of the Australian Swim Schools Association and Swimming Australia.
- Our Director of Coaching Horst Miehe is a current board member of Water Safety New Zealand and is also the chair for Austswim Aotearoa. This means our programme is always on the pointy end of innovation for swimming and water safety lessons.
- 100% of Swimgym’s profit goes back into our community. We are working with Pakuranga College to keep their pool up to date and have recently, with Howick Intermediate invested over $250,000 on the refurbishment of their tired old 1960’s pool. For the last 4 summers we have helped heat the Papatoetoe outdoor pool up to 27 degrees as well.
- The Swimgym learn to swim programme has been operating since 1987. How good is it? One of our successes is our “Junior Nationals” performances where HPK Swim Club is on a roll winning 3 in a row and coming 2nd 2014.
- Swimgym links into the Olympic and World Championships with our team members Corey Main, Ewan Jackson, Daniel Hunter, Tracey Keith Matchitt, and our Paralympian Tupou Neiufi. Keep an eye out for HPK Daniel Hunter, Corey Main and Bobbi Gichard at the Upcoming World Champs in July in Budapest.
- The Coaches that are involved in developing the Swimgym programme have received the following accolades in just the last year Jana Wilkitzki (Swimming NZ Coach of the Year), Sheldon Kemp (Junior Paralympic Coach of the Year), and Horst Miehe (Cook Islands Sports Coach of the Year).
- We are more than able to cater for your individual needs. Just come in and chat with us. With access to 108 swimming teachers who are all qualified and have over 327 years experience in the industry—we have the right fit for your child.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY LESSONS
Bookings will soon be open for the holiday block courses that we are running during the July 2017 holidaysSCHOOL HOLIDAY SWIMMING LESSONS
We will be running courses over the following 2 weeks :
Week 1: Monday 10th July to Friday 14th July
Week 2: Monday 17th July to Friday 21st July
Term 2 ends on Sunday 9th July
Term 3 2017 commences on Monday 24th July
$10 deposit is due by Thursday 13th July to confirm your TERM 3 2017 booking.
TERM 3 DATES (EXCLUDING ANY POOL CLOSURES)
Monday 24th July—Monday 25th September
Tuesday 25th July—Tuesday 26th September
Wednesday 26th July—Wednesday 27th September
Thursday 27th July—Thursday 28th September
Friday 28th July—Friday 29th September
Saturday 29th July—Saturday 30th September
Sunday 30th July—Sunday 1st October
10 Week term for All days